Monday 13 December 2010

Analyse of Three Digipaks

The Kooks Digipak Inside  In The Inside Out was one digipak that i found both interesting and inspirational for my own digipak and i also believe it fits with both my category of Indie and would be bought by the same audience who will buy mine as The Kooks and my band are both an Indie band.  

What I like about this digipak is the feeling for both instruments and the closeness of the band by just hanging out with instruments. the reason why i like this is because for me and my group we wanted to create the feeling of both us writing our own music and have a love for music I.E. the instruments will be used heavily in my digipak and also the jamming as it will support my music video and the digipak of the band hanging out.




Arctic Monkeys Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not:  

The reason why I like this digipak is different to the reason why i like the Kooks Digipak is because with this one it still manages to create the feeling of Indie but is different towards The Kooks as this one is more creative with the theme of smoke which i could use in mine as you could say smoking is a symbol of a classic Indie band.




The theme of smoking with the CD looking like an ashtray and the front cover of the artist smoking a cigarette for me is both very affective and creates the Indie vibe and i could use it in my digipak.


The who Greatest Hits Digipak:

I found my third  idea of inspiration in a old band but who are also rock. even though The Who are not seen as a Indie style band i still think my audience will buy this album and be interested in this band. the reason why i like this digipak is because i like the black and white theme like for Arctic Monkeys which help to create the Indie vibe. but apart from the colour scheme i also like the image of Great Britain Flag flying at the bottom which shows it is a British band which i like as in our video we used the theme of London so this idea could work as a good combination of both Indie and English band. 















No comments:

Post a Comment