Friday 7 January 2011

Do's and Don'ts.

For my work, I knew that it wouldn't work if I used a lot of colours, as it would be distracting and it wouldn't suit the genre of the band, which is indie-rock. Also, I wanted to do darker colours, because I thought it would look better and knowing I won't be able to use pastel colours, I ended up with black, blue, green and black. I chose these colours because it shoed the rock side of it, and also I wanted to put in a little colour, to show the joyous and 'colourful' life of being in a band, that has just started, showing he excitement   but the more 'darker' days essentially, to show the low lights of being famous.
What I knew would work was the black circle round the picture, because I wanted to give the effect that the audience is looking through the hole and almost as if they're spying on the band and their lives. Like what a papparazi would do, always on the look out. Another thing is that if I kept it simple, I knew it would attract  the audiences eyes, because it's different and if it's too colourful or too much on the front cover, especially, people wouldn't be interested in it. I thought carefully about each style (indie and rock) and what they would like and how I could mix it together. For the rock part, I knew I had to add darker colours, and for indie, it would be normal colors (e.g: blue, red), and would not use light colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment