Sunday 9 January 2011

Planning: Describe your initial ideas for the visual style and graphics of your digipak and advertisements. Describe your initial ideas for the visual style and graphics of your digipak and advertisements.

From the start of the year, I've had initial ideas for digipaks that suit the ideal style of my music genre, which i always wanted to be indie rock. I wanted to create something along the lines of Paramore's Ignorance style of video, but had to tone it down with the pace of the song as my mind was running wild with ideas. Ideally, i want to create a style of Digipak that my audience can relate to - simply because i know what it is like to follow a band in a kind of religious way; for example buying merchandise items/memorabilia of the band. This is why I am creating a Four panel digipak which will have pictures, posters and stickers of the band on the inside pullout. However i want to keep the colour scheme simple and relate it to one item that a band member will be holding; a guitar, drumsticks or a microphone.

For my advert, i want there to be alot of information on it that somebody can read, but not only that, i want it to be eye catching; so that it will stand out in a magazine. Specifically, i want there to be tour dates on it so people are more likely to buy the album and then go out on the tour to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment