Sunday 9 January 2011

Reflection on Digipak and Advert.

After taking some time and re looking at my mock up, I realised that some changes needed to be made. For example, I re-looked at the font and thought that the font wasn’t Indie Rock/Punk pop enough. I had a rummage around in my CD collection and found an album cover with a hand written scratched/scrawl type font that drew me right in. This was from Paramore’s 2007 RIOT! album and it looked like it would fit on my digipak straight away. So I edited the font on Photoshop and found that with the Scrawl font, it looked so much more eye catching that I decided to completely change the whole set of fonts used originally for my digipak and advert to this font. Also, the idea for the digipak to be a 2 disc special edition came when I realised that I didn’t want to make the CD with just 2 members of the band when there is 4, so I came up with this idea and the second disc being an acoustic CD of all of their album’s songs in the exact same order, just acoustically.

Also, my advert had to be changed completely. It was a mess with a big white blob of space in the centre; which didn’t look appealing/eye catching. So once again I changed the fonts and moved stuff around, and I think I came out with a better looking advert for a magazine, than one that would be placed on a billboard when know no one knows who RunRate are; they’re not the Rolling Stones/Paramore/Florence + The Machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment