Tuesday 18 January 2011

Q2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I think my promotion packet works really well, because I used the black and white effect on the back and front cover, which links to the 'home' video in our clip. There is a picture of the guiter that is shown in the video clip that is also in the digipak. Another thing was for the advertisement, I have the lead singer on the front, with mirco-phones are wrapped around him. There is a black circle around the singer as well, linking with the digipak, so people have a clear view that it's related, showing the audience that he's the band's identity. People can recognise it immediately. I used the same fonts as the digipak cover, so the audience can see it's for the same band. I think my main and ancillary texts are successful because it's easy to identify with the style and format. Another thing, there was a lot of of the colour black in our video (especially in the black and white 'home' scenes). That's where I wanted to show the consistant showing of the colour in my ancillary. I think my target audience would be attracted to them because it has a clear fit with the genre of the music, the colour is suitable for the band and there's a constant repetition of the theme. The colours I mostly stuck with were black - obviously, grey and black and white, blue and green, as well as colour. I made it quirky, different - mostly by adding the black circle around it, like it's closing in, a 'rock' effect and the band is 'indie' effect. Another thing is that it's completely directed at the audience, and it's obvious what genre it is, so other audiences would know the differences.  Here are some screen shots of our video which links to my ancillary texts. :)





Here are some of the screen shots from Youtube of the bands that influenced me with the music:
This one is Mcfly 'Tansylvania'. Here, I got the idea of the black circle for my ancillary texts where I thought I woud be really effective and different to other videos, making it seem like it's an 'old reel of film' and to add a bit of 'gist' to it. :) 



This one is Alter Bridge 'In Loving Memory'. I got my ideas from this song to use for our video and my ancillary texts. Making it homely, but as if there was something 'missing'.



No comments:

Post a Comment